Office for the Aging announces distribution of Farmer’s Market coupons
The Oneida County Office for Aging and Continuing Care will begin distributing coupon booklets to local seniors to redeem at community farmers markets.
All participants must be 60 years or older and have proof of age if required.
Income eligibility requirements
- Entrant must not have received coupons from any other source.
- One coupon book per one-person household.
- Two coupon books per married couple, but each must sign for one book.
- Proxies can pick up coupons for a senior, but must bring documents showing them as a power of attorney. If there is no proof, no coupon will be distributed. A proxy may only collect coupons with the participant’s signed state proxy form, which can be mailed to the participant from the Oneida County Office of Aging.
- Coupons can be mailed after paperwork is completed to meet state and Oneida County Office of Aging requirements.
- Gross monthly income must not exceed $2,096 for a one-person household.
- Gross monthly income must not exceed $2,823 for a married couple or a two-person household.
- Gross monthly income should not exceed $3,551 for a three-person household.
- All participants must meet age and one of the income eligibility requirements for coupons.
- Each SFMNP checkbook is worth $25 and contains five $5 checks.
- Coupons can only be used to purchase local fresh fruits and vegetables, and cut herbs only – no plants.
- Entrants cannot use coupons from last year, and if coupons are lost, they cannot be replaced.
2022 Farmer’s Market Distribution Sites
- Whitesboro Farmers Market — 10 Park Ave., Monday, July 18, 2-4 p.m.
- Utica City Farmers Market — Chancellor Park – Elizabeth Street, Wednesday, July 20, 10 a.m. to noon.
- Clinton Farmers Market — Village Green, 21 W. Park Row, Thursday, July 21, 10 a.m. to noon.
- Vienna Farmer’s Market — 7812 Route 13, Blossvale, Thursday, July 21, 3-4:30 p.m.
- Oneida County Public Market —REA Wing Union Station, 321 Main St., Downtown Utica, Saturday, July 23, 9 a.m. to noon.
- Boonville Farmer’s Market — Erwin Park, Thursday July 28 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.